Microsoft Deserves Some Credit

I am the first to point out system deficiencies and am happy to let you know that this morning I am ragging on no one.

I have a new Surface Pro 3 and am loving it as McDonalds might say, this morning I am very happy with Microsoft for a different reason.

At work we are using Team Visual Studio - phenomenal product, especially for remote workers.  My work computer, which is a mean laptop with 16 gigs of ram and a kick butt processor has Visual Studio 2012.  This morning I wanted to revisit a project I was working on so decided to try and connect my surface with VS 2013 to the project.  It was so absolutely seamless that it put a happy spin on the day ahead! Congrats to the Visual Studio Online team.

So after investigating it looks like with VS 2012 Microsoft did something brilliant - they made the Visual Studio interface backward compatible thus not forcing an office to upgrade all developer software at once but more importantly allowing me to work at 5 in the morning from my surface (comfortably on the couch) on my VS 2012 projects using VS 2013.

Kudos to you Microsoft!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linq Exclude from separate list

Sorting Ascending and Descending

Linq Query Syntax vs Method Syntax