Generic List Single Item

Working with Generic Lists in a data class has been quite rewarding.  I still occasionally return Datasets but typically everything I need to do can be done using the List items.   It is a breeze to return entire list, datasets or in this case just an integer .... the project is program_data, class is pdMain and public function is getProgramInfo with 2 parameters.  I just want the Fiscal Week value  - function typically returns an entire list of data but I just want the first record and one item - I would do it something like this:
 

'GENERIC LIST - SINGLE ITEM

Dim temp As String = program_Data.pdMain.getProgramInfo("HMD", "")(0).FiscalWeek

lblFiscalWeek.Text = temp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linq Exclude from separate list

Sorting Ascending and Descending

Linq Query Syntax vs Method Syntax